Saturday, November 8, 2008

Wadsworth Athenaeum, Part II
















I just wanted to attach more pictures that I took at the WA Thursday evening. There are pictures of the Parlor Memorial constructed of cherry wood, seashells, daguerreotypes and tintype pictures that Eliza Trask had of her husband Adoniram Judson Trask, a Maine Civil War infantryman. The other pictures are mainly of the walls and ceilings. I found them to be more interesting that the paintings. Maybe it was just because the music was blaring and a few drunks were staggering around all over the place!

4 comments:

Jinnie said...

Hey Helen! These pictures are great. I can't wait to go visit myself. How in the world were these able to eat around such paintings, I just don't know. I can't wait to meet Helen the guard, I hear good things of her. OMG, solve a mystery too, sounds like fun. Can't wait. Thanks for sharing this was very informative.

KJ said...

Helen, I like your pictures. It brought back my experience at the Wadsworth. I want to visit it again though. I felt a little rushed.

Ron L. said...

Hi Helen, I went to the Wadworth on Sunday, want exhibit was the first picture taken room? Great shot by the way. The 2,000 or 20,000 can't remember of the tiny ceramic pots was cool to see as well.

Jerry said...

Keep the pictures coming... that's great.